Yamato (ヤマト), which was previously referred to as My Home Daddy (マイホームダディ), is a boss introduced in Super Darius, later appearing as one of the two bosses of the Earth Stage of Darius II. It is shaped after a hermit crab.
Darius Odyssey Guidebook Bio
- Name: Yamato (Myhome Daddy)
- Motif: Hermit crab
- Type: Camouflage-type battleship
- Size: 74.55 m / 244.6 ft
- Zone: K (Destroyed City)
- Weapon: Guided laser bullets, etc.
If the outher shell is taken away, leaving only the main body, it can parasitize another large weapon and take control of it. The parasitic ship inside the battleship on Earth was called by the codename "Yamato".
Darius Plus, Darius Alpha, and Super Darius versions
Despite the ridiculous name, My Home Daddy is a very tough boss. It will attack with a electrical discharge from the top and by throwing explosives which detonate on the ground. Its head is the weak point, but the player can destroy the top of the shell to nullify the lightning attack.
Before fighting the actual boss, the player will encounter the real WWII Yamato battleship, which despite being wrecked is still operational. After taking down all of it's cannons the boss will burst out from it, using a piece of the ship's hull as it's shell. After destroying the ship remain its body finally gets exposed so the player can damage it, but at this point it will start attacking by shooting pink spheres aimed at the player while moving around.
- Yamato takes its name from the actual Japanese battleship. That ship, according to Darius II, was taken on by the hermit crab Yamato.
- Yamato appears on another Taito game, Bubble Symphony/Bubble Bobble 2, as a boss character.
- Another Hermit Crab creature somewhat similar to Yamato appears in Metal Black as the first stage's mid-boss.